Equality and Diversity
At St. Hild’s Church of England School we aim to provide all of our pupils with a world class education in a Christian context.
We expect to find God at work in our school.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
"I have come that they may have life in all its fullness." (John 10:10)
St. Hild’s Church of England School is committed to equality and diversity. We aim to provide a learning and working environment which values individuals equally.
It is our duty and obligation under the Equality Act 2010 to:
· eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
· advance equality of opportunity
· foster good relations between different groups
We aim to provide a learning and working environment which values individuals equally and does not disadvantage individuals by discriminating on any grounds including age, disability, gender (sex), gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
For current information regarding Equality and Diversity,
please visit the Equality and Human Rights Commission website.
As an organisation, we are aware that discrimination exists in many forms. We encourage all our staff and pupils alike to ensure that their behaviour is not discriminatory and does not make any person feel uncomfortable. The School will not tolerate harassment, bullying, victimisation or discrimination, and has procedures in place to deal with, and provide support for, individuals involved in such incidents.
Following a review and analysis of the latest data, the following Equality Objectives have been identified:
• to close gap for vulnerable groups including: disadvantaged mid ability boys
• to increase understanding between religious and ethnic groups
• to improve attendance for disadvantaged pupils particularly girls
• to promote British Values and implement the Prevent Duty
• to encourage pupils to consider non-stereotyped career options
Our Equality Policy can be viewed via the link to the right: